Physical Signs of Hydromorphone Addiction
Even a few days of hydromorphone abuse can lead to lasting problems. Some of the most common side effects of hydromorphone include:
- Excessive sweating
- Severe itchiness
- Dry mouth
Those are just a few of the symptoms. There are many others. If you have found yourself using hydromorphone beyond what you were prescribed, then you have nothing to lose by reaching out.
Behavioral Signs of Hydromorphone Addiction
When a person is struggling with addiction, they engage in any number of behaviors that they never would otherwise, such as:
- Shopping for a doctor to prescribe more hydromorphone.
- Obsession with obtaining and using hydromorphone.
- Poor performance at work or school, even failing to attend
- Withdrawal from activities that you previously enjoyed
- Avoiding family and friends
- Continuing to abuse hydromorphone even after suffering negative consequences
- Trying to quit or even slow hydromorphone use and being unable to.
If you’ve engaged in any of those activities, as hard as it may be to believe, there is both help and help.
How Arision Can Help
From the moment you arrive at Arision, we’ll create an individualized treatment plan for your exact, specific needs. This plan will be implemented during your detox. There, our trained medical staff will monitor you throughout the process. Through this, they can manage any withdrawal symptoms, so that you come through detox as safely and comfortably as possible.
After cleansing the toxins from your system, most will move into one of our outpatient treatment programs, either our PHP or IOP. Both of them treat not just the hydromorphone addiction, but instead, the entire person. By finding and focusing on the underlying causes of your hydromorphone, we can help you to build the kinds of coping and life skills that will empower you long after you’ve left Arision.
To start the process, message us through our site or call.