Signs You May Have an Alcohol Addiction
Many who battle alcohol addiction believe that they aren’t addicted, rather, they’re just a social drinker who has a few too many sometimes. Some of the signs that you may be addicted to alcohol include that you:
- Withdrew from activities or hobbies that you enjoyed on account of alcohol use.
- Entered risky and even dangerous situations (unprotected sex, driving, etc.) due to drinking.
- Feel withdrawal symptoms when you tried to cut back
- Drink more often and in greater amounts than you initially intended
- Obsession with drinking alcohol
- Spend copious amounts of time hungover or sick from alcohol
- Feel like you have to drink more to feel drunk on account of developing a tolerance for alcohol
- Poor performance at work or school, failure to attend
Behavioral Symptoms of Alcohol Addiction
The truth is that if you’ve found yourself questioning as to whether or not you have a problem with alcohol, you most likely have reached the point where you do. Some of the behavioral signs of addiction to alcohol include:
- Requiring alcohol to feel “normal.”
- Shying away from activities or events you enjoyed because there won’t be alcohol there
- Drinking alcohol to deal with alcohol withdrawal symptoms
- Feeling an obsessive craving for more alcohol
- Using alcohol as a coping strategy
- Continuing to drink even after it has taken a negative toll on your relationships
If you or someone you love has dealt with any of those, there’s no downside to reaching out for help.
Help at Arision
Alcoholic addiction can be one of the greatest challenges a person ever faces. But, it can be overcome. When you arrive at Arision, our medical staff will conduct a thorough evaluation. Using that information, we’ll create an individualized treatment plan for your specific needs. That way, you’re always receiving the care you need so that, in time, you can develop the kinds of life skills that empower you to live happy, healthy, and sober.
Alcohol detox can be difficult, yes, but at Arision, we do everything in our power to make it less difficult than it would be elsewhere. Our team will monitor you every step of the way, lessening your withdrawal symptoms, so that you come through the detoxification process safely and comfortably, cleansed of toxins.
Most dealing with alcohol addiction, after they move through detox, then go into one of our outpatient programs, our PHP or IOP. Both don’t just treat the alcohol addiction, they treat the entire person. By focusing on the underlying causes of your addiction, they can work with you to be able to take charge of your life as you continue your recovery journey.
To start the process, message us through our site or call.